Edition 4: Chicken breast & green salad recipe
We bring you another of the quick and easy yet tasty recipes from Nick, a Wessex Care resident who has kindly offer to share recipes from his popular book and Facebook page which has over 30,000 followers.
Nick has advanced MS. But when he wrote this book, he was able to stand assisted by crutches, and cook perching on a high stool. He proves it's possible to produce easy suppers like this despite the obstacle of a major disability. So, for an able-bodied person, it's simple, and Nick shows you how in his easy to follow recipes. Read more about Nick here:
Chicken breast & green salad
Chicken breast, roast with Serrano ham, cherry tomatoes and new potatoes, green salad with Balsamic vinegar.
Just chuck it all in the oven. What could be easier?
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 Chicken breast
- 2 slices Serrano ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 new potatoes
- 2 handfuls mixed green salad
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Oven tray
- Cut the potatoes into halves.
- Season the chicken & potatoes with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put everything apart from the salad in the oven, laying the Serrano ham on top, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice the chicken.
- Arrange everything on the plate, adding the salad, and serve, following the layout in the photo.
This recipe and photograph is published with permission of the author and copyright owner, Nick Davies. It's one of the 24 easy recipes in his book, If I Can Cook It - So Can You, that you can only buy on his website for £4.99.
All the photos were originally published on his popular Facebook page (with over 30,000 fans), My Easy Suppers, and his website, www.MyEasySuppers.com.