Edition 1: Nick’s Recipe’s – ‘If I can cook it, so can you!’
Wessex care resident Nick Davies has been inspiring people with his recipes online and has a Facebook page with over 30,000 followers. His website ‘My Easy Suppers’ provides easy meal ideas for all to enjoy, along with his recipe books.
Nick has advanced MS., and is now bedbound in West Kimberly Care Home. But when he wrote this book, he was able to stand assisted by crutches, and cook perching on a high stool. He proves it's possible to produce easy suppers like this despite the obstacle of a major disability. So for an able-bodied person, it's simple, and Nick shows you how in his easy to follow recipes.
We will be regularly sharing recipes from Nick throughout the year.
Sirloin steak & butter spuds
Sirloin steak, rocket salad, with baby plum tomatoes & green olives, Charlotte potatoes in butter.
Cook the steak for longer if you like it better cooked.
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 sirloin steak
- 3 Charlotte potatoes
- 5 green olives
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 1 knob of butter
- Frying pan
- Season the steak with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cut the olives & tomatoes in half.
- Fill the saucepan half full with hot water.
- Put the saucepan a hot hob so the water starts to boil.
- Put a splash of olive oil into the frying pan, ready to put on the hob.
- Put the potatoes in the boiling water.
- After 5 minutes, put the steak in the pan and fry for six minutes.
- Turn the steak over and fry for another 5 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, drain the potatoes in the colander and return them to the dry pan. Add the butter and shake the pan to coat the potatoes in butter.
- Remove the frying pan from the hob.
- Arrange everything on the plate and serve, following the layout in the photo.
This recipe and photograph is published with permission of the author and copyright owner, Nick Davies. It's one of the 24 easy recipes in his book, If I Can Cook It - So Can You, that you can only buy on his website for £4.99.
All the photos were originally published on his popular Facebook page (with over 30,000 fans), My Easy Suppers, and his website, www.MyEasySuppers.comwww.MyEasySuppers.com.